Warm-up during the winter months with this delicious butternut squash rooibos soup. Get the best of both worlds with a bowl of this creamy soup made with rooibos tea.
Care to take it up a notch? Use the vitamin-infused Beauty Blend, rooibos herbal tea for this recipe, as we did. The Beauty Blend has sweet hints of Jasmine for a silky smooth sipping experience. Not only is this blend dangerously delicious, but it's also infused with collagen for glowing skin, biotin, and folic acid for envious hair and nails.
4 cups water
3 Rooibos tea bags
2 lb butternut, halved and seeds removed
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 medium onion, finely sliced (1 cup)
1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Yields 4 Servings
1. Pour the water into a medium-sized saucepan, add the Rooibos tea bags and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave the Rooibos to infuse for 20 minutes. Remove the tea bags.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F
3. Place the halved butternut squash on a roasting pan, sprinkle with the garlic and a drizzle of olive oil and roast until soft.
4. Heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion until soft and translucent.
5. Add the roasted butternut squash flesh to the onion and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
6. Add the Rooibos broth and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add the cream and simmer for 10 minutes (do not allow to boil).
8. Season to taste, mix well and enjoy.