Looking for a fun snack for your upcoming Independence Day celebrations? These Coffee Coated Swedish Meatballs are not only a crowd pleaser, but are made with our vitamin infused coffee to add a little something extra to this classic dish.
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound each ground beef, turkey and pork
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 14 ½ ounces beef broth
- 2 oz hot VitaCup coffee Breakfast blend
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
SUPPLIES YOU'LL NEED:
- All above ingredients
- Large Bowl
- Baking Pan
- Paper Towels
- Small Saucepan
- Serving dish
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs and cream; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beaten egg, onion, parsley, salt, nutmeg and ginger.
- Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer meatballs to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Scrape pan drippings into a small saucepan; stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth and coffee. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with noodles if desired.
Did you try our recipe? How did it turn out? SHARE your thoughts in the comments (OR share your pictures of the final result with us on our social media pages at @DrinkVitaCup - We might share your picture on our page!)