Fall is a great time to cozy up and make some comforting cups of coffee with a little extra joy.
Nothing says fall like pecans. Who doesn't love the rich depth of a butter pecan flavored treat? Pecans have a whole host of benefits including helping you get healthy fats, zinc, ellagic acid, vitamin A and more. We've added agave so that we could sweeten the drink with a lower glucose index sweetener. This butter pecan coffee drink is an easy DIY treat that is a unique fall comfort.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (or ghee)
- 1 tablespoon blue agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart water
- Place pecans, butter, syrup, vanilla, salt and water in a blender or food processor.
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Pour creamer into a serving container.
- Add creamer to freshly brewed VitaCup coffee and enjoy!
Make sure you refrigerate your leftover creamer in a container or jar. It will stay good for up to 5 days when stored properly.
What do you think? Did you love the creamer? What's your favorite fall coffee drink?