[RECIPE] Coffee Infused BBQ Sauce for Labor Day Weekend
With Labor Day fast approaching, and all of the lovely weather that summer brings, it is no wonder that barbecues and family cookouts are an American Pastime. According to the HPBA (Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association), 55 percent of us will fire up our grills and smokers during the Labor Day weekend.
Everyone knows that one neighbor or family member with a great grilling recipe or barbeque sauce, and VitaCup now has one of our own we'd like to share with you! It's time for you to grill like a pro! VitaCup's taste-tested barbecue sauce recipe includes you guessed it, Coffee! Who knew coffee could be used for more than just drinking. Coffee is a great tenderizer which helps make your barbecue melt in your mouth delicious!
- 4 oz. of Brewed VitaCup French Roast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- Two garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Two tablespoons dark molasses
- Two tablespoons hot, dry mustard, mixed with one tablespoon water
- Two tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Two tablespoons cumin, ground
- Two tablespoons chili powder
- Mix all of the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor, or blender until creamy.
- Once creamy, the sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in a covered container.
As serious eaters and coffee drinkers, most of us are all about our grills and coffee most of the year. As August comes to a close, it's no use no use denying that most of the summer fun season is drawing to an end and for some us, the grill might have to be put away for the warmer months. So let VitaCup help you make the most of the last summer barbecues.