The holidays are a popular time for baking. If you are looking to satisfy a sweet tooth without going too far off your healthy routine these no-bake cookie bites are an indulgence that is both gluten free and vegan! Get delicious no-bake cookies with a hint of vanilla in just about 15 minutes from start to finish with our healthy holiday cookie recipe.
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour (or coconut flour)
- 1/3 cup packed pitted medjool dates (measured after pits are removed)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Chopped raw almonds
- Chia seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet to lay out your cookies.
- Combine pitted dates, walnuts, almond flour, vanilla extract and sea salt in the food processor.
- Blend all ingredients together until they are a semi-fine consistency. Continue to pulse until the ingredients form a loose dough. Do not over-blend, keep the dough pliable and avoid it turning into a puree consistency.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop out 2-tablespoon sized balls. Roll them with your hands until evenly circular and place on your parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Roll the balls in the desired optional toppings listed above: almond flour, shredded coconut, almond pieces, chia seats, or hemp hearts.
- Store in a refrigerator or freezer to preserve freshness for up to 1 week.
These healthful no-bake cookies are packed full of energy from the dates and walnuts. The flavor from the vanilla and coconut are a delicious treat that won't leave you weighed down with sugars and processed white flour. The easy-to make tender bites really do taste like vanilla cake and they pair delightfully with the new vegan VitaCup Probiotic Blend or our classic French Vanilla coffee blends.