It's fall. And in the United States that means it's officially Pumpkin Spice Latte season. A season where we all get cozy with our favorite coffee beverage that signals a season change. It's no wonder that National Coffee Day coincides with the ushering in of the pumpkin spice madness. In fact, according to Wikipedia, Starbucks has sold more than 200 million pumpkin spice lattes in the last 11 years!
That's a borderline obsession.
Never fear. You don't have to trek to your local coffee chain to get your Pumpkin Spice fix. We'll show you how to make it yourself with our very own VitaCup DIY homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe!
Watch the video and follow the step by step instructions below.
What You'll Need
- 1 can 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 cups milk (any kind of milk including vitamin D, soy, almond, coconut, or more!)
- Pumpkin Spice
- 1-3 tablespoons sugar (or other sweetener to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz Prepared VitaCup Coffee (French Roast or Gourmet House Blend)
- Spoon for mixing
- 1 medium mixing bowl or large measuring cup
- 1 cup for preparing your coffee
- Whipped cream (for garnish)
- Pour milk into mixing bowl.
- Add 100% Pumpkin puree to milk. Mix.
- Add sugar. Mix.
- Heat in microwave or on stovetop until warm. Do not boil.
- Add vanilla extract and pumpkin spice. Mix.
- Prepare 4 oz. of VitaCup coffee in your single-serve brewer.
- Add in prepared, warm VitaCup coffee. Mix.
- Pour into serving glass.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with pumpkin spice to taste.
Now you can ease in to fall with style and comfort with the flavor to savor as the leaves start to change. You won't have to round up the crew to run to the coffee shop to get this warm, creamy treat.
Enjoy this festive holiday treat with VitaCup Genius Coffee pods or VitaCup Beauty Blend.
Did you know? Pumpkin Facts
Pumpkin puree is a underappreciated food source that's rich in nutrients. The serving included in our recipe would provide approximately 2 grams of fiber, and 2.5% of your daily potassium which both aid digestion. It contains nearly a gram of iron to support your immune system. Plus, there are over 475 micrograms of Vitamin A to support immune systems, eyes, and bones, nearly a full days recommended daily value. Lastly, the one cup of homemade pumpkin spice latte will get you nearly 4% of your daily vitamin E. Who knew that Pumpkin was so powerful?!
Consider finding ways to add pumpkin to your meal preparation outside of the fall season since it's such an excellent source of nutrition. It's a plant-based food that is great for many people with vegan diets or food allergies. The versatile gourd can be incorporated to pastas, curries, and stews and doesn't necessarily require that the recipe has a pumpkin forward flavor.
If you have friends or family who live abroad, consider shipping them some pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice as a special treat before Thanksgiving. It can be tremendously difficult to get our favorite pumpkin staples when we're outside of the United States and makes holidays away from home feel much more complete!
What do you think? Do you love Pumpkin Spice Lattes? Should VitaCup develop this flavor for next fall?
Yes, in decaf too.
Absolutely produce a Pumpkin Spice coffee for next year!!
yes, Vitacup should offer pumpkin spice now, why wait until next fall?