Ketosis is a natural process the body initiates to help us survive when food intake is low. During this state, we produce ketones, which are produced from the breakdown of fats in the liver. The end goal of a properly maintained keto diet is to force your body into this metabolic state. Ketosis isn't achieved through the starvation of all calories but, rather, through the starvation of carbohydrates.
It's like a body hack that helps you get fit. But seriously, it doesn't need to be a chore, let's make it tasty!
This Brilliant Green Eggs and Ham recipe is meant to help you prepare and bring a healthy lunch to work. Pop a couple, share with friends, and know that you are giving your body primo nutrients for a boosted metabolism. The perfect combo when paired with our Genius Blend Coffee with MCT.
A dozen half cut eggs.
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Water as needed
- Sliced Prosciutto
The Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs:
- Place eggs in a pot large enough for them to have some space to move around
- Fill the pot with cold water until they are completely submerged by at least an inch of water
- Turn your burner onto medium high heat - have a cup of coffee while you wait, but DON’T LEAVE UNTIL THE POT BOILS
- When the pot comes to a rolling boil, cover it and turn the heat to low and set a timer for 8 minutes
- When the times goes off, remove the eggs from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and place in an ice water bath for at least 5 minutes or until they are chilled
Make The Filling and Assemble the Eggs
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half. Remove the yolks and place in food processor bowl
- Put everything else into the food processor and blend until smooth but thick consistency- make sure to scrape down the sides and add water to desired thickness
- Place the filling into a sandwich bag and cut a small hole in the corner.
- Squeeze the filling into the egg halves.
- Garnish with a chive and piece of prosciutto
These eggs are devilishly delicious, but not to worry, they are right in line with a Ketogenic diet.
Did you make these? Let us know what you think on social @drinkvitacup or below in the comments.
Still need to try our Genius Blend? Get it NOW!
Such great info thanks 👍 for sharing