Maple cinnamon coffee creamer is a great way to spice up your favorite flavor of VitaCup this holiday season. The coffee creamer is easy to make, and maple itself has a host of reasons it should be on your nice list. Number one, maple is a delicious and delectable flavor that really brings out the spirit and sense of cheer for the holidays.
Did you know?
- Maple is lower on the glycemic index than sugar. Maple is a 54 on the glycemic index where sugar is at 65, so it doesn't throw your blood sugar off as dramatically as regular sugar. Cinnamon is also shown to be good at helping blood sugar and help prevent insulin resistance. While our recipe does use some sugar, it's diluted across the creamer and far less than you might add when you put sugar directly in your coffee.
- Maple is packed full of Manganese and you'll get 33% of your daily recommended value with one tablespoon of maple syrup. Manganese helps you have a healthy metabolism. Cinnamon is also high in manganese, making them a powerful combo!
- Maple and cinnamon are both nice alternatives to artificial sweeteners. They add a lot of flavor with low quantities of these naturally flavorful ingredients.
What You'll Need:
- Small Saucepan
- Quart Sized Mason Jar
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add condensed milk and the half and half to a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in extracts, sugar, and cinnamon. Turn off heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large quart sized mason jar and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Shake well before each use. The cinnamon will settle to the bottom, and you want to make sure to get some in your coffee.
This creamer will stay fresh in the fridge for as long as your half and half is good for, making it the ideal pairing for your cup of VitaCup if you fancy a creamer other than a store-bought one.
So, did this recipe get you ready for the winter fun and games of this upcoming holiday week? Tell us your favorite maple and cinnamon coffee tips in the comments below!
This is the second time I am making the maple cinnamon coffee creamer
I gave some away for a Christmas gift
I love it ?
I used real maple syrup instead of the sugar
Looking forward to making this without added preservatives. Need to buy some maple syrup.