Mexican Coffee Cocktail Recipe for Cinco De Mayo!
This Cinco De Mayo we're happy to bring you a delicious and fun recipe for a coffee cocktail you can easily enjoy with just a few steps.
Did you know our Gourmet Breakfast Blend coffee is roasted from beans 100% sourced from Mexico? Their great flavor profile make them perfect for a light roast where you really get to savor the nuances of the bean itself.
To get started watch the video or read the step-by-step instructions below!">">
- VitaCup Gourmet Breakfast Blend Coffee
- Kahlúa Liqueur
- Tequila (recommended Patron XO Cafe)
- 1 oz brown sugar (or added to taste)
- 1 oz cocoa powder (for garnish)
- Whipped Cream (for garnish)
- Cinnamon Sugar (for garnish)
- Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans (for garnish)
- Brew 1 VitaCup Gourmet Breakfast Blend Coffee pod to make 6 oz of coffee.
- Place cinnamon sugar in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Place whipped cream into another shallow bowl or plate.
- Dip a tumbler glass into the bowl of whipped cream and then into the bowl of cinnamon sugar to apply a cinnamon sugar rim to the glass.
- Pour 1 oz of Kahlúa Liqueur into the glass.
- Pour 1 oz of Tequila into the glass.
- Add the prepared VitaCup Gourmet Breakfast Blend coffee (6 oz) to the glass.
- Add in brown sugar to sweeten to taste. Stir.
- Top the coffee cocktail mix with a generous amount of whipped cream.
- Dust the top of the whipped cream with cocoa mix.
- Drop 2-3 chocolate covered espresso beans on top for garnish.
We had a great time creating this cocktail. We also had so much fun shopping for our decorations and supplies at Bazaar Del Mundo in the historic Old Town San Diego neighborhood. Old town San Diego was a Mexican Pueblo (small town) until 1850 when California was admitted to the United States - 12 years before the original Cinco de Mayo we celebrate as the Mexican forces fought off the French in 1862. We're so proud of our shared history with Mexico and we're delighted to bring you this recipe that highlights our Mexican coffee beans.
We hope that you've enjoyed this recipe. Have fun and drink responsibly this weekend. Salud!
To try it yourself order our Gourmet Breakfast Blend today!