Are you a fan of Tiramisu? Vietnamese Egg Coffee might be the perfect drink for you if you love Tiramisu. Vietnamese Egg Coffee is a sweetened cup of dark coffee, topped with a foamy layer of sweetened egg cream. The egg cream is a delightful way to get more Vitamin D in your diet when the days get shorter and sun is harder to find. Eggs are a great source of Vitamin D, just like VitaCup. About 41% of the US population are Vitamin D deficient, and finding great sources of Vitamin D is important as the days get longer.
- 6 oz. of Strong Brewed French Vanilla VitaCup Coffee
- 3-4 cups of boiling water
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 egg yolks *
Tools You'll Need
- Electric whisk
- 1 bowl for hot water
- 1 coffee cup (for brewing the coffee)
- 1 serving cup
- Teaspoon & tablespoon
Make the Egg Cream Topping
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl.
- Mix with an electric wire whisk until thick and foamy - about 5 minutes.
Assemble the Drink
- Place your serving glass(es) in a bowl of hot water. This will help cook the egg topping.
- Pour 2/3rds of your coffee into the serving glass(es).
- Add all of the egg mixture to the top of each serving glass.
- Pour the remaining coffee over the top, allowing it to soak through the egg.
- Allow to sit in the hot water to help cook the egg through.
We hope you'll give this exotic, frothy egg drink a try! It is delicious, and we know because we gave the recipe a taste test! Plus, you'll get some extra Vitamin D to help keep your at your best during shorter days as we head towards the shorter days of fall and winter.
Buy our VitaCup French Vanilla coffee to try this recipe today!
Special Shoutout to MokaBees as inspiration on this delicious recipe.
Be sure to follow food safety rules when it comes to eggs. Raw or uncooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.