Halloween is around the corner and what better way to get inspired than by these delicious ~spooky~ coffee recipes! Switch it up from your typical pumpkin spice latte and get into the Halloween spirit! These recipes are fun, easy to make, and not your average cup of coffee. Halloween does not have to be all about costumes and candy!
Ghostly Irish Coffee (contains whiskey)
Ingredients (Makes 1 Cup)
- 1 cup VitaCup Gourmet Breakfast Blend
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Irish whiskey
- Whipped Cream
- Wooden skewers
- A bag of large marshmallows
- Decorating gel/food pen in black
- Candy corn (optional)
Ghostly Decoration Preparation
- Stack 3 marshmallows onto a wooden skewer
- Draw face on top marshmallow and decorate body as desired
- Stick marshmallows into fridge until Irish coffee is completed
- Brew your VitaCup Gourmet Breakfast Blend coffee (use the 8 oz. brewing option)
- Fill a footed mug (cauldron style!) or a regular mug with hot water to preheat it, then empty
- Pour hot coffee into warmed glass, about ¾ full
- Add brown sugar
- Stir until brown sugar is completely dissolved
- Blend in Irish whiskey
- Top with whipped heavy cream
- Add your skewered ghost marshmallows
- Sprinkle candy corn on top if desired
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Ogre Eyes Hot Chocolate Coffee
Ingredients (Makes 4 cups)
- 8 ounces of 60-70% bittersweet chocolate
- Chocolate shavings
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 ½cups Whole milk
- 1 cup VitaCup French Roast coffee
- Whipped cream
- Large marshmallows
- Crows candies
- Lollipop sticks or skewers
- Chop your bittersweet chocolate.
- Whisk together milk, cream, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat until bubbles start to form on the edges. Don't allow it to boil, boiling will curdle the cream.
- Remove from heat to add chopped chocolate.
- Cool on counter for 2 minutes.
- Whisk until milk mixture gets a rich chocolate color.
- Set the mixture at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Prepare ogre eye decorations by cutting a slit in top of each marshmallow and inserting a crow candy. Insert a lollipop stick or skewer through the bottom of each marshmallow and pierce through the candy.
- Brew your VitaCup French Roast Coffee.
- Pour 2 ounces of hot VitaCup into 4 mugs.
- Add 4 to 5 ounces of the chocolate and cream mix to the coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Add the ogre eye decorations for the final touch!
Special thanks to Sugar and Soul for the Ogre coffee recipe inspiration. We hope this helps make your Halloween gathering a high energy hit!