Improve Your Wellness With A Spring Detox!
Spring is in the air, and it’s time to turn over a new leaf for a healthier, more vibrant you during this season of hope! In ancient Chinese medicine theory, did you know that spring is the time of year in which liver function and detoxification are most active? This is one of the many reasons why spring is the best time of the year to do a cleanse or gentle detox.
Over the winter months and the holidays, some of us may have overindulged in foods and alcohol. Perhaps we let our exercise program slide, got cooped up in stuffy buildings, or underwent a nasty cold that threw us off our routine. Whatever the reason, relatively few of us are feeling our absolute best by early spring. Undertaking a detox can change everything and help put you in perfect form for the year ahead.
If you’ve never detoxed before, this could be the perfect time to start feeling better fast. However, detoxing is not a permanent, one-time, quick fix. To maintain good health, you need to follow a sensible diet and exercise program. You should also take a good hard look at your home, mind, and emotions. One of the most significant toxins in our lives (one that ages us more than almost anything) is stress.
How to do a Safe Spring Detox:
To complete a safe and effective spring detox, it’s essential to support your body to metabolize toxins while also decreasing your exposure to chemicals and inflammatory foods. The best foods to help your detox are dark leafy greens like kale and broccoli and high-fiber whole foods like beans.
A great supplement to help you on your spring cleanse is our brand new So Good Super Greens. Our superfood powder contains 50 nutrient-dense whole foods, fruits, vegetables, and digestive enzymes to help your body break down foods easier. One cup of SGSG gives you a great source of fiber, adaptogens, and prebiotics.
The standard structure of a spring detox is 10-21 days in length. This is a manageable time frame that allows long enough for you to make plenty of positive changes in your health and experience significant improvement in your energy levels, skin clarity, mood, and digestive function without feeling overwhelmed.
5 Ways to Detox For Spring
- Spring Cleaning: Spring is the time for cleansing our internal and external environments. Use this time to swap out dangerous cleaning supplies for more sustainable, eco-friendly ones! A cluttered home, office, or desk can create anxiety and attract dust, triggering allergies. So bring out those organization bins, fill the recycling can, have a yard sale, or donate to charity.
- Eliminate These: Alcohol, caffeine, sodas, dairy products, wheat, red meat, convenience, processed, “junk” and “fast” foods, and sugar. Don’t panic – this (surprisingly) leaves you with a wide choice of good food.
- Drink 8 Glasses of Water: Help flush your kidneys and digestive system. Hot water is used extensively for detoxing in the ancient Indian system of Ayurveda. Although it may sound unappealing, it can be quite pleasant, particularly with a bit of lemon. Fill a thermos and keep it on your desk.
- Eat the Rainbow: Your diet during a spring cleanse should be rich in color and nutrients that support and replenish your body on a cellular level. Your meal plan should consist of plenty of brightly colored vegetables, nutrient-dense leafy greens, cancer-fighting cruciferous veggies, juicy berries, nourishing seeds, free-range lean meats, and wild fish. Select organic produce and grass-fed organic meats as much as possible to avoid pesticide and herbicide exposure.
- Sweat Daily: Ensure that you are sweating daily via exercise, hot baths, or saunas to help excrete fat-soluble toxins through the skin. Walking and swimming help the lymphatic system, and Yoga is superb at supporting and strengthening all the body systems.
So you can’t face a total detox, or does your lifestyle make it impossible? Don’t give up! You can do plenty of simple, everyday things to minimize your toxic exposure and even let go of many of the toxins you have already accumulated.
Some tips for an easy detox can be switching sugary drinks to fresh juices, incorporating a few minutes of meditation before work, and eating more colorful foods. Grab our So Good Super Greens to kickstart your spring detox today. Harnessing the benefits of over 50 superfoods and nine herbal blends has never been easier (or tastier) with our smooth, lemon berry flavor.
Your detox is your chance to wake up entirely to the spring season – to spring into action and spring-clean both your body and your life. Whatever form of detox you take, don’t look at it as a chore but rather as a creative, healing experiment. Embrace the opportunity to become more aware of your ingrained habits and attitudes and challenge them. Remember, it will only be days before you begin feeling the surge of more energy, more optimism, and a healthy body that feels (and looks) great.